Wednesday 24 April 2019

Charlotte Tilbury The Icon Palette


I’m not sure why but I was really shocked when I first saw Charlote Tilbury’s The Icon Palette (£55).

Perhaps it was due to the fabulous, eye catching yet brightness of the packaging, or when moment I saw a bright blue shadow within the palette but either way I wasn’t expecting such a product to be produced from such a brand.




My god I’m glad they did it!

This 12 shade palette truly is "electric star quality in a palette" Charlotte Tilbury.

If you’re already a fan of Charlottes 4 coded luxury palettes you’ll have some idea of what to expect with the Icons Palette and I’m pretty sure if you haven’t decided you want it, you’ll want it by the end of this post.




This exquisite palette quite clearly pays homage to the eccentric and brilliant David Bowie, with his iconic red and blue lightning bolt taking center stage on both the front of the packaging and the palette itself.

Inside this gorgeous piece of art-pop you’ll find 12 highly pigmented rainbow shades, each of which has its own column to create a 'Day', 'Date', 'Diva' or 'Disco' eye look. 




There’s everything from shimmering greens to rich bronzes in this bad boy making the possibilitu of your looks endless.

Each look (Day, Date, Diva or Disco) combines three shades that you can layer from ‘1' on the top row which they refer to as a primer to 2, an enhancer and then to 3, smoke.




Its’ great for novices or people like me who aren’t always sure what colours go with what or which colours should be applied first so I think it’s a great addition to the palette.

If you hadn’t gathered by now that sometimes even people like me are pratt’s that get it wrong you can tell from my swatches!




I’ve swatched from left to right starting on the top line then moving to row two then three.

There are some seriously stunning shades within this palette and even though it’s been created in honour of the king of OTT, you can still create soft, subtle and pretty day looks despite the at first scary looking blues and greens!




Every single rich molten colour can be used both wet or dry depending on the look you’re trying to create and are so beautifully soft, silky and luxurious to touch and apply.






Highly pigmented and rich in emollients for a velvety-smooth, soft finish (yes even the softer shades pack a punch!) the shadows neither flake nor transfer meaning the look you start with is the look you’ll get at the end of your day/night.

Yes, I’m defiantly a more nude, subtle person when it comes to eyeshadows but there is no denying that the Charlotte Tilbury Icon Palette is simply stunning.




(Oh and just to let you into a little secret, I actually really loved the jade green and royal blue shades despite probably not being brave enough to wear the blue!)

The Charlotte Tilbury The Icon Palette is available now and costs £55.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig