Wednesday 19 October 2011

bareMinerals Skincare


Like most women, I learnt (almost) everything I know beauty wise from my mother, and while I like to think that I manage to ahead of the beauty game – finding out about new products and brands etc, on this occasion my mother pipped me to the post.
Several years ago my mum introduced me to bareMinerals, and I haven’t looked back since. I inherited my sensitive skin from her, and she had always found it difficult to find beauty products that worked with her skin without reacting with it.
I remember her raving about this make up brand called bareMinerals, a brand I'd never heard of before. She showed me the little pots of powder and brushes and explained how this mineral makeup had completely changed her beauty regime. She could wear the make up every day without it causing any issues with her delicate skin and she looked radiant (whilst always being beautiful)
The Bare Minerals Starter Kit, £48
 She bought me the starter kit for Christmas and I've been a devotee ever since. With a  brand statement of It's makeup so pure you can sleep in it you know your onto a good thing here, so I was elated when earlier this year they launched their skincare range.
The collection contains their ActiveSoil Complex, a new generation of active minerals with extraordinary skin-renewing benefits, including faster cell turnover and antioxidant protection. They have been clinically proven to reveal brighter, smoother, younger-looking skin, reduced fine lines and wrinkles and shrink pores.
 The unique electrolyte delivery system optimises your skin's ability to absorb and retain moisture, resulting in smoother, healthier-looking skin.
The collection comprises of:




and finally their groundbreaking Pure Transformation Night Treatment which I talked about in an earlier post here.

Deep Cleansing Foam, £15
 My favourite item from the collection is their Deep Cleansing Foam cleanser. Don’t be mislead by the word ‘foam’ in the name, this cleanser is more of a thick gel, and you really do only need a tiny pea sized amount as specified on the bottle. In this case, less really is more.
 (see below for photos)



 When mixed with water, the product works into an incredible frothy lather, cleaning deep into your pores and leaving your face squeaky clean- literally. You face actually squeaks after using it, but don’t panic, your skin hasn’t been stripped of all moisture and it won’t be left dry, in fact I found that my skin felt wonderfully clean, fresh and not at all tight or dry. 

I follow the cleansing foam with the Nourishing moisturiser for combination skin, and as I have a tendency to have oily skin I only need a little. The cream is light and silky, absorbs quickly into your skin and leaves it feeling soft and bright.

Renew & Hydrate Eye Cream, £23
The Renew and Hydrate eye cream is a sumptuously thick eye cream, unscented and deliciously nourishing. Again, a little goes a long way and I find that tapping a little of this cream around my eyes leaves them feeling bright and fresh. 

The Pure Transformation Night Treatment takes a little getting used to. The product is essential a powder which you apply your face as the last step of you night time skin regime. 

Pure Transformation Treatment, £45

The concentrated powder formula is designed to replenish skin while you sleep so you can wake up with the famous Bare Minerals naturally luminous glow. Available in four tones which instantly diffuse imperfections, this item is perfect for women who may be a little self conscious at the prospect of a new partner seeing them bare faced at night or first thing in the morning. 

While it may feel a little odd applying what looks and feels like make up to your face before you go to bed, stick with it. 

My mum swears by this product and you know what they say, Mum knows best!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Awh mum does know best! How sweet, i love BM products, they feel so nice on my skin- big fan of their cleansing foam too, good call x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they did skin care, just thought they did makeup. I was tempted to buy the makeup kit on the plane home! These look great.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig