Monday 1 February 2016

DKNY Be Electric Limited Edition Collection



Be Delicious Electric is the brand new spring inspired collection from the cult brand DKNY.

Inspired by New York, the city that never sleeps this trio are a bright, vibrant and fresh threesome designed to put a spring in your step.




Firstly you’ve got the bright pink bottle, Electric Loving Glow which features top notes of blackcurrant, grape and pineapple. Jasmine, purple violet and apricot make up the heart notes before vanilla, amberwood and musk round off the scent.




Personally this is my least favourite edition in the trio as despite some of the sweet notes, I find it a bit too heady and floral. It is also bright pink and anyone that knows me knows I don’t do pink! Ha!

Next up is the bright orange Electric Citrus Pulse which I thought had a really familiar smell to it.




This eau de toilette opens with nectarine, mandarin and passionfruit before being met with floral notes of jasmine absolute, plumeria blossom and magnolia. Base notes of benzoin, warm musk and sandalwood complete the unique scent and I eventually figured out what it reminded me of!

Unlike the heavier, floral Loving Glow, Citrus Pulse is a much warmer, softer scent that on reflection reminds me of the smell of love hearts! 

Finally we’ve got Electric Bright Crush in the lime green shade, which I must point out that I don’t love- I’m not a fan of fluorescent colours but I get the need for it given the inspiration behind the line.




This is actually my favourite of the three fragrances thanks to it sweet and juicy notes. It contains top notes of blackcurrant and plum and heart notes of frangipani and peony. Base notes of amber, vanilla and creamy woods give the fragrance a warm and well rounded smell and i'd definitely say this is the most wearable of the three scents.

It is light, fresh, sweet and in my opinion, closest to the original Be Delicious line than the other two.




So, while I don’t love the bright new look I’m rather taken by both the limited edition Citrus Pulse and Bright Crush.

The new DKNY Be Delicious Electric collection will be available nationwide from March and will cost £37 for each 50ml bottle.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig