Monday 15 June 2015

Hello NYX Cosmetics!



I must confess, Id neither heard of nor tried NYX Cosmetics until recently.

Available from Very or www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk the brand is packed full of great looking products at really reasonable price prices- think similar prices to brands stocked in Boots and Superdrug stores.

As a newbie to the brand I opted for two of their hero products to try first, their Butter Gloss and a Baked Blush, Illuminator and Bronzer in one.




NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake is one of the most beautiful lip products I’ve tried in a very long time.

Smelling like a vanilla cupcake, this beautiful dusky pink shade is deliciously thick, rich and creamy in texture.




Designed to be used alone or over your favourite lipstick, it offers medium coverage that melts onto your lips.

It offers shine like a gloss without any stickiness and leaves your lips feeling beautifully soft and gorgeous.




I like to layer this gloss on to get a brighter hit of colour but it’s equally beautiful when used lightly or as suggested, to give a gorgeous, moisturising sheen over lipstick.




At £6.50 I think it’s a great bargain product and the shade is just the most perfect mauve. It gets a giant thumbs up for me!

Another great product is their Baked Blush, Illuminator and Bronzer.




Packaged ina  cute box adorned with a black bow, mine is in the shade Ladylike and is a very cute pale pink.

Its iridescent sheen make for a beautiful blush that not only gives you a gorgeous, buildable shade but creates the illusion of healthy, glowing skin thanks to its illuminating properties.




The silky, lightweight formula is perfect for sweeping along your cheek bones to add further illumination though I personally wouldn’t use this shade as a true highlighter as it is quite pink.

I dusted some on my brow bones and they did look a bit too pinky, so I just reserved it for use on my cheeks and cheekbones.




Im not 100% sure how this can also be a bronzer because as mentioned, and as you can see, it is pink, so unless you create a bronzed look with pink hues, I wouldn’t personally use it for that purpose.

You can create a bolder look by applying it wet with a makeup sponge for more intensity but I love it the way it is.




This little pretty costs £7 which I think it pretty fab considering you get both a blush and an illuminator in one.

If you’ve yet to try NYX Cosmetics I strongly recommend you take a look at their collection over at the Very website, you won’t be disappointed!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I haven't tried NYX. But these products look promising. :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nyx Butter Glosses, I ordered the HD concealer from Very a while back and it's brilliant too! Actually just posted a Nyx and Wet n Wild Haul last night if you fancy having a peek :)
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig