Monday 8 October 2012

M.A.C Marilyn Monroe Collection : Continued


This is my second post on some of the goodies from the Marilyn Monroe collection from M.A.C.

Today’s post features the gorgeous Love Goddess Lipstick (£15.50) and a nail polish in Vintage Vamp (£11).
 
M.A.C Love Goddess
 
 Love Goddess is a vibrant pinky/red, satin lipstick which is perfect for those of you not confident with wearing true red shades.

M.A.C Love Goddess

 It’s really more pink than red but is a really gorgeous shade which I found to be slightly less drying than Deeply Adored.

M.A.C Love Goddess

 I must admit, this it is my favourite shade due to the fact that it’s just that more wearable and more moisturising on my lips.

M.A.C Love Goddess

 Like the lipsticks, there are 5 nail polishes in this range too, and I think it’s fair to say that it’s no co-incidence that the shades compliment the 5 shades of lippie as you can see below!

Marilyn Monroe Nail Lacquer. L-R   Rich,Rich,Rich, Kid Orange, Flaming Rose, Stage Red & Vintage Vamp

 
Marilyn Monroe Lipstick. L-R  Pure Zen, Scarlet Ibis, Love Goddess, Charmed I'm Sure & Deeply Adored


Vintage Vamp is the darkest on the shades available and is described as a rich, deep, retro wine shade.

 
There is no denying that I love this colour but I was left a little disappointed with the formulation.
 
Perhaps it has something to do with the colour, I don’t know, but this polish was soooooooooooo streaky! 


 Even after 3 coats it was still rather questionable looking.

I would have expected better from M.A.C. and from an £11 nail varnish, but hey, you live and learn!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. fab stuff but it's already sold out on the MAC website. It's getting to the point where I don't even bother to look for the collections because I know they'll vanish. Really annoying and a sales strategy I really can't fathom because MAC would surely shift loads of the stuff if they upped production.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get the collection on other websites, try the Selfridges website, they still have bits in stock! : http://www.selfridges.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10052&catalogId=12151&langId=-1&freeText=MARILYN+MONROE&x=0&y=0

      Delete
  2. I soo need this collection in my life!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, can't wait for Marilyn Monroe Collection to launch here in my country! exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig