Friday 16 September 2011

TOWIE's Lydia Bright talks Beauty



 Lydia Bright is one half of the much loved TOWIE couple Lyd and Arg.

The nation has taken them into their hearts and when they’re not entertaining us on screen with their on/off romance and foray into ‘parenthood’ with their not-so-micro pig Darcy, Lydia is dazzling us with her beauty and fashion sense in numerous TV and Magazine appearances. 

Ahead of the launch of season 3 next week, I caught up with the gorgeous Ms Bright to grill her about things all beauty.


 What is your all time favourite beauty brand Lydia?

My favourite beauty brand is Mac they have such a wide range of make up that is so professional and used by many make up artists. The results create a flawless coverage that doesn't looked caked on.

Who is your beauty Icon?

A typical beauty icon would be Marilyn Monroe I love the seductive, feminine look of big red lips and fishtail eyeliner. I think it is a great way to glam up any look. A modern day beauty icon would be Abbey Clancy, her skin always looks effortless and she achieves the smoky eye look perfectly.

Lydia with her TOWIE co stars, Amy, Lauren and Sam
        
What is your favourite make up item?

My favourite make up item would be my eyelashes (mascara).  It really brighten up my face and I feel like a zombie without it. 
     
 Do you have a favourite beauty look?

My favourite beauty look would be smoky, oriental, fishtail eyes. They create a really sexy vamp look. 
        
Do you find yourself influenced by the latest beauty and make up trends, or do you prefer to make your own?

 I would say I prefer my own I play it very safe with my make up and stick to what suits me best. I usually stick to a natural clean base, smoky our neutral eyes and neutral or red lips.

      
 If you were stranded on a desert island, which 1 beauty item would you miss the most and why?

 If I was stranded on a desert island I would miss the most my moisturiser the most. I apply cream to my body and face twice a day as I love soft flawless skin. 
          
Lydia with the loveable Arg
What skincare, cosmetics and hair care item could you not live without?

 I could not live without Decleor creams, MAC make-up, Eylure lashes and Moroccanoil shampoo and hair masks. 
     
Can you share with us one of your trade secret beauty tips?

When you have applied lipstick leave to dry for 30 seconds then cover your lips with a tissue and blot over with loose blotting powder to help lock in the colour. 
       
 Have you ever had a make up/ beauty disaster? What happened?

My biggest make up disaster was when I appeared in my first ever episode on 'the only way is Essex.' The party was 80's themed so I had huge lashes, lots of gold shimmer and lashings of lip liner. Although when I watched it back I looked more like a drag queen then an 80's party girl. 

Lydia is a fellow blogger and you can catch up on her  blog, The Runway Towards the Glamorous Spotlights here.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love Arg! Ghost hunting with TOWIE was hilarious the other night and Lydia is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lydia has a great sense of style and beauty- wish i looked like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia is by far the best dressed and most gorgeous on TOWIE. I look forward to seeing her hair, makeup and clothes every time I watch the show. She's just gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig