Thursday 2 May 2019

Drunk Elephant Beste No.9 Jelly Cleanser


I’ve been desperate to try something from the Drunk Elephant range of products for ages but given that they are quite pricey I held off and opted to try a sample first.

In some respects I’m glad I did.

I’ve seen this cleanser raved about all over the internet and wanted to see for myself if it was just hype of if it really was that great.




So what is it? 

Beste No.9 Jelly Cleanser is an innovative cleanser that is designed to remove all traces of makeup, excess oil, pollution and any other grime left over from the day.

It features a unique blend of mild surfactants and makeup dissolving emollients to cleanse without leaving any residue behind.




The brand focuses on how the formula is ‘gentle’, free of SLS, fragrance and essential oils, is non-irritating, non-sensitizing and suitable for all skin types.

The jelly has been formulated at a non-stripping pH level of 5.5 and features a host of skin loving ingredients.

Formulated with a stack of mild cleansing agents, including coconut-based surfactants which are rich in fatty acids they work together to create a rich foam that dissolves stubborn makeup, suncream and oils while supporting the healthy barrier of skin.




Virgin marula oil which is high in critical antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9 offers nourishing oils that boost the cleansing and makeup-removal power while glycerine (a skin-identical humectant), helps replenish hydration levels that are normally lost in skin during the cleansing process.

Finally cantaloupe fruit extract which is rich in antioxidants, helps to soothe and hydrate your skin leaving it feeling clean and soft.

You can apply to jelly to either wet or dry skin but for best results I prefer to stick to dry skin.




Massage gently and you’ll notice the jelly take on a white, almost sticky texture. Once you add warm water it froths up massively before rinsing away to leave your skin squeaky clean.

 What I do like is that It really does feel like you’ve thoroughly cleansed your skin. Like I said it is pretty much squeaky clean.

However, for me personally, with that, despite their ‘gentle pH 5.5 levels’ I did find it slightly frying on my skin and that’s unusual for me as I suffer from oily skin but i'm gooing to put that down to the frothing and foaming when water is added.

I mean it was no big deal come an evening as i slap on rich night time creams and serums but in the morning my skin was left feeling a little tight.




That’s my only criticism though- I love the texture, its simplicity, the way it leaves your skin so clean, but for me personally I need a little more nourishment from a cleanser.

What do you think? Have you tried anything from Drunk Elephant?

Drunk Elephant Beste No.9 Jelly Cleanser is available from Space NK and costs £27 for a full sized bottle. (Sample size featured)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I always hear so much about drunk elephant but im like you i can't be bothered buying something that is so overpriced for what it is when theres other stuff out there

    Andrew James - theskincaresaviour.com

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig