Wednesday 16 September 2015

September Cohorted Beauty Box



This month’s Cohorted Beauty Box is an absolutely cracking one!

As I mentioned last month, each Cohorted box can be bought on a monthly basis and doesn’t require you to subscribe, you can just pay as you go.The boxes ALWAYS sell out and cost just £19.99 which is a bargain because the value of the products within ALWAYS far exceeds twenty quid.





The value of this box is a whopping £71.50 and it contains some absolutely gorgeous items!

The first of two theBalm products is a gorgeous nude eyeshadow palette called Nude’tude (£35).



This cheeky, tongue in cheek palette contains 12 beautiful eyeshadows that are perfect for creating a gorgeous natural look.

The palette contains 7 shimmery shades; Sassy, Snobby, Stand-offish, Selfish, Sophisticated, Seductive and Silly and 5 matte ; Stubborn, Sultry, Sexy, Serious and Sleek.





The palette contains subtle nudes and gentle taupes as well as some slightly more dramatic shades meaning the set can take you from day to night.

Each shade is wonderfully soft in texture and highly pigmented, making application easy and they are super easy to build and blend.

The second product from theBalm is their Put A Lid On It Primer, which I believe is a sample size as its teenie tiny at just 3.5ml.



Obviously it goes hand in hand with the eye palette as the soft, beige cream is designed to be used to prime your eyelid and make your shadow last longer.

There’s not a whole lot to say about this product; it’s a beige, quick drying cream that creates a good base for your eyeshadow. I have to be honest, I never tend to primer my lids but I would say that on the occasion I used this, I experienced less slippage and the powder did seem to stick to my lids rather than flake off in powder particles more than it might have otherwise.

Next up is the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie (£19).



I LOVE this lip pencil! It is rich and creamy, easy to apply and glides onto your lips seamlessly. 

It’s a beautifully shade that I reckon would compliment most skin tones and its on trend matte finish is just fab.

I love the convenience of lip colours in a pencil and really like that my lips didn’t feel too dry after applying the colour despite it being a matte finish. This gets a big thumbs up from me!


I also really loved the Molton Brown Seamoss Bath & Shower Gel (£10).



I can’t help but think that £10 is a lot of money to spend on a 50ml bottle of bubble bath but hey, it is Molton Brown after all.

This gel features body boosting seaweed and horse chestnut extract to improve skin texture and has a distinctly masculine scent to it, which I really like.

Sometimes the occasion calls for a relaxing bath and I find that the more masculine smelling products are often more stress relieving and fresh than the usual sacchariney ones I use.

It creates beautiful frothy bubbles and leaves you smelling clean and fresh and feeling revitalised; I’ve actually just ordered a big bottle of this! Whoops!

The product I liked the least was the Gucci Premier Shower Gel (£7.50) but this is purely because I’m not a fan of the fragrance.



It’s a heady scent to compliment the fragrance and its just not for me.

That said it does a great job of cleansing your skin and undoubtedly leaves you smelling like Gucci Premier, so if you’re a fan of the fragrance then this is a great companion product.

You can now pre order the October Cohorted Beauty Box now over on their website.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am kicking myself for not getting this box! I have wanted the Balm palette for ages but don't want to pay the full price for it! Amazing box, here's hoping next months it just as good! I have preordered this time!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig