Thursday 2 September 2021

Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss

 The warm summer months can see people step away from heavy makeup in favour of a lighter, breezier look to reflect the change of season.

Out are thick, heavy foundations and in are natural, comfortable feeling products.

 


Step forward Charlotte Tilbury with her beautiful new lip colours to keep your lips looking and feeling beautiful all summer long.

Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss colours are hyaluronic acid infused hydrating lipstick balms.

Bridging the gap between cosmetics and skincare, these next generation lipstick gloss balms feature a host of lip-loving ingredients to comfort, nourish and hydrate your lips while imparting a soft pop of colour.

 



Available in 10 universally flattering shades (including the iconic Pillow Talk), the hero ingredient here is of course, hyaluronic acid which retains moisture to plump and smooth your lips.

C-Peptide reduces the appearance of fine lip lines, creating a more youthful appearance.

Hydrating Butters replenish and nourish your lips while passion fruit seed oil deeply conditions.

 



Super-soft Polymers care for your lips while glossy ester’s and pigments moisturise, giving your lips a high sheen finish with medium coverage.

As far as I’m concerned, the trend for skincare led cosmetics is simply brilliant and I will often seek out such products as I think the idea of caring for skin while beautifying is inspired.

I also have a pretty huge lipbalm collection. You’ll never find me without one as I can’t abide the feeling of dry lips.

 



The combination of a nourishing balm paired with colour can be tricky to navigate as often, the colour itself tends to take a bit of a back seat to the hydrating qualities of the balm, but in the case of Happikiss they’ve got it spot on.

The balm itself is housed in a cute, compact tube with all the glam Tilbury colours on show.

I got my hands on two of the gorgeous shades; Passion Kiss, which is a sophisticated, soft brown and  Happicoral, a fresh soft coral shade which is exclusive to CharlotteTilbury.com.

Now, unlike a lipstick, due to the unique fondue-like texture, you’ll find that these Happikiss balms are non-retractable, so its important to only twist the base clockwise to open and apply a little at a time.

 



The formula is wonderfully silky and soft. Lightweight yet rich, shiny yet non sticky, it applies like a dream, effortlessly gliding across your lips.

Surprisingly, it actually offers pretty even coverage in just one swipe and I was really impressed by the potency of the colour too.

I expected it to be fairly weak but it wasn’t at all.




Once applied, my lips felt soft, plump and comfortable plus while the shade was certainly noticeable, it wasn’t as bold or as in your face’ as a traditional lippie.

Ideal for that ‘no-makeup’, ‘natural’ look, it is simply perfect.

Plus, because it is so hydrating, I actually found myself not needing my regular balm too.

 


I’m seriously impressed by these little tubes of joy and am on a mission to collect all 10 shades now as I love them so much!

Charlotte Tilbury’s Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balms are available now and cost £19 each.Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig