Thursday 11 February 2016

Dr PawPaw Balms



Dr PawPaw is a multi-purpose balm with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties whose most raved about ingredient is the humble Payaya fruit.

This nutrient-rich fruit is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins A and C and acetogenins which, when applied externally, can help in aiding skin repair, adding moisture and smoothing and tightening the skin.




Sounds lush, right?

There are actually three different varieties of the balm; the original clear balm, the tinted peach pink balm and the ultimate red balm.
 
All three balms contain the same skin loving ingredients which also include Olive Oil, Aloe Leaf Juice, Potassium Sorbate and Medicinal Grade Petrolatum and are totally unscented, which I didn’t expect.



 


 I guess I thought because it contained papaya that the balm may smell sweet or fruit-like, but nope all three balms are un-scented, which is fine.

The texture of the balms was very familiar and to be honest, reminded me very much of Vaseline, which is great for applying to chapped lips but I’m not at all sure about smearing it on other parts of my body.

The balm sits nicely on top of your lips (and I would suggest you use it sparingly) but when applied to my skin I found it too greasy and it took an age to be absorbed, which is a shame as it says that thanks to it’s healing properties it can be used to treat suburn, nappy rash and other skin irritations. 

 




Perhaps it’s just my skin but personally I found the balm too heavy and clingy to use on any part of my body apart from my lips.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great lip balm and the two tinted balms in ultimate red and peach pink in particular, are really pretty.

Dab them on your lips for a hint of colour and you can even use them on your cheeks to create a matching lip and cheek, but please do this sparingly!





I found that if you applied the tinted balms too heavily, they looked uneven, the red shade particularly and quite smeary despite its fairly heavily pigmented tone. 

All in all I’d say that these balms are nice and at £6.95 each for 25ml aren’t going to break the bank, but do be careful before you smear the original one all over your body because you could end up a shiny mess!




You can buy Dr PawPaw’s range of balms from their website now.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Interesting...pity they have included petrolatum...x

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig