Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bourjois La Poudre de Riz de Java



Bourjois are celebrating their 150th birthday this year- who knew they’d be around so long!

To mark this milestone they have re-created their gorgeous, genuine cult product called La Poudre de Riz de Java which was their first ever international best selling product!

 



A delicately scented loose powder, the original Jarva Rice powder, whitened skin and offered ‘the velvety freshness of radiant youth’.

It became an overnight success in 1879 and became a much sought after product which originally marketed in 4 shades, white, pink, natural (flesh colour) and Rachel (cream colour). By the 1920’s there were 11 shades!




With the development of make-up, the production of Java Rice Powder was discontinued in France but continued to be Bourjois’ export speciality until the late 1930s.

Thankfully for us in 2013, Bourjois have decided to reinterpretation the line's original Java Rice Powder in celebration of their anniversary and it’s gorgeous peeps!




Encased within a cute, vintage inspired box is a delicate and pretty loose illuminating powder.
The powder is a pale pink shade and is ever so delicately fragranced- I’m not sure how to describe the fragrance other than it smells ‘vintage’!



The powder felt light and silky on my skin and blended beautifully to give just a hint of illumination and shimmer.



It wasn’t so pale that I was left with white powdery patches on my face and it wasn’t so shimmery that I looked like a fairy.



It is, in a word, perfect.

Bourjois’ LaPoudre De Riz De Java is available now and costs £9.99. 

It is currently available now exclusively at Selfridges before being released into Boots on September 4th.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow this looks so cute, love that they've used the same packaging! Great post ♥

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this product myself and am loving it! Great post :) x

    http://stylewithgracehairdesign.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this, but it's always sold out in my local shops, will have to go hunting for this :)

    Paula at Beauty Lover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    visit website

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig