Tuesday 21 February 2012

True Blood's Carrie Preston Talks Vampire Beauty


 Fans of True Blood will know that the hit show is currently back on our TV screens and in its fourth season already.

It’s glamorous stars and raunchy scenes have helped make it become a huge phenomenon both in the US and UK. 

 

I love the show and I love the fact that Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) is not only a Brit, but attended the same secondary school as me! 
  
(That practically makes us buddies, right?)

I caught up with one of the stars of the show, Carrie Preston (Arlene) to find out how it feels to be part of such a popular show and to find out her beauty secrets.

How does it feel to be part of such a huge phenomenon that is True Blood?

 I feel extremely fortunate It is a wonderful show to be a part of. I did seven pilots before True Blood, and only one of them made it to air, and that one was short lived. 

To be a part of a show that hits so big is such a great reward for all of the hard work you put in over the years, and to play such a fun role and get the opportunity to work with wonderful people is the icing on the cake.


Who is your favourite character in True Blood?
  
I’m obviously partial to Arlene, but I’m also a big fan of Jason, especially the way Ryan Kwanten plays him. I think Ryan is one of our strongest players. I don't think the world really realizes just how good he is or how difficult his role is because he makes it look so playful and effortless. 

I have a great respect for him, and I never tire of watching him work. Because I’m from Georgia, I'm usually a little sceptical about Aussies and Brits playing American southerners, but Ryan nails it every time.
 


I have to ask, team Bill , team Jason, team Sam or team Eric?

Team Terry Every time! (Terry Bellefleur, her on screen partner. Awh!)

Your character is one of the only non-supernatural characters in the show. If you could possess one supernatural power what would that be?

I definitely think the vampires have more fun on our show! I keep pitching to Alan Ball (True Blood's creator) the idea of making Arlene some kind of supernatural, but to no avail. 

I think they need someone to hold down the human fort and Arlene is the woman for the job, I think. Still, if Arlene could possess one super-power, I think she would want to be a shape shifter. 


 What do you have in your make up bag today?


 
When do you feel most beautiful?

I feel most beautiful when I’m dressed up and having a romantic dinner with my husband.


 Do you have a beauty Icon? 

For me, the beauty icon of the past would be Audrey Hepburn and of the present would be Michelle Williams.



 Can you share with us one of your trade secret beauty tips?

I exercise regularly and  drink a lot of water for my skin.
 I use simple products on my face like Dermalogica and Creme de la Mer. If I'm going on the red carpet, sometimes I get a spray tan because i think it photographs well.


 What was the best piece of beauty advice you have ever been given?

Stay out of the sun and wear a lot of sunscreen!


You can catch the latest season of True Blood on Sundays at 10pm on FX
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wah! Thanks for this great interview!
    I love Arlene :)

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig