Thursday 14 January 2021

FaceTheory

 FaceTheory is a brand I was recently introduced to during a conversation I had with my sister.

I was bemoaning having run out of my usual go-to toner and instead opted to try a new one, resulting in a hell of a break out of spots.

She confessed to experiencing the same issue when she ran out of her favourite cleanser, a best-selling product by FaceTheory.

I was intrigued as I hadn’t come across this brand before and wanted to learn more I promptly ordered  my sisters favourite cleanser along with an oil free moisturiser in the help that it would help my troubled skin.

 


 

It turns out that FaceTheory is a British brand based in Sheffield who are on a mission to make the very best, clean skincare products thanks to combining nature with science.

They are huge advocates of botanical extracts where they add to the efficacy of a product and their formulas take a dual approach of carefully chosen botanicals such as green tea and chamomile which are then combined with high-performing actives like retinol and vitamin C.

Keen to be a sustainable brand their range of products are available in amber glass jars with aluminium caps while their tubes are made from 100% recyclable aluminium.

Orders are packed with materials that are biodegradable, so they are keen to protect the environment too which I really respect.

 


 

The cleanser which my sister raved about is their best-selling Clarifying Cleanser C2 (£11.99).

Created specifically for oily, congested acne prone skin it contains a blend of powerful trifecta of acids at a low PH to gently clarify and perfect your skin.

The rich, decadent cream cleanser is free from parabens, silicones, PEGs, SLS, SLES and mineral oils and is so concentrated that only a small amount is required to experience truly game changing results.

It has been formulated with 4% Glycolic acid, 2% salicylic acid and 1% lactic acid to effectively and efficiently deeply exfoliate your skin, ridding it of makeup, grime and dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, healthier complexion.

 


 

A powerful triple blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids works to purify your pores while minimising redness to gently resurface your skin and the formulation is available in both un-scented or cold-pressed mandarin essential oil varieties.

Due to my skin being both sensitive and problematic I opted for the scent free variation.

The cleanser itself is wonderfully thick and soft in texture but when massaged into my face I could feel what felt like tiny exfoliating particles.

 


 

I experienced a very mild tingling on particularly sore areas of my skin to begin with but otherwise it felt soft and pampering.

Once massaged in I rinsed with warm water and despite its composition, didn’t feel any tightness or dryness in my skin.

My face felt thoroughly cleansed and refreshed, not something I usually associate with a cream cleanser which surprised me.

I have been following this cleanser with their Supergel Oil Free Moisturiser M3 For oily and acne prone skin (£13.99).

 


 

Recommended as a great moisturiser to compliment the cleansing cream, this oil-free gel offers hydration and nourishment while being light enough to use on problematic skin.

Created with combination/oily skin in mind, it contains Niacinamide to reduces pores, Salicylic acid to relieve congestion and vitamin B5 to hydrate.

Meanwhile, botanical chamomile, aloe vera and green tea extracts soothe troubled skin while stabilising Vitamin C seeks to fight acne-causing bacteria while brightening.

Like the cleanser, it too is free from parabens, silicones, PEGs, SLS, SLES, and mineral oils and is both Vegan and cruelty-free. 

 


 

The gel is quite a unique texture. It appears semi-matte in appearance and despite its outwardly thick looking-texture is surprisingly light.

It glides across your skin like silk, imparting much needed plumping moisture to dry patches without causing any irritation.

Quickly absorbed, it provides just enough hydration to stop your skin feeling parched without drowning it.

I love using it knowing that it too contains acids to help balance and improve the texture of my skin while being gentle and kind enough to my skin to use daily.

 


 

As with the cleanser, due to it being packed full of active ingredients you only need a little to achieve visible results.

It works as a wonderful base for makeup application; reducing excess oiliness and creating a velvety soft base for foundation.

My skin was left feeling soft an nourished all day and I actually think that it helped to control my oily-proned t-zone.

Due to its feather-light texture you may choose to apply a small amount of night cream over the top of an evening but I personally haven’t felt the need to add anything further to achieve soft, plump skin.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this relatively new skincare brand its safe to say that my sister has got me hooked.

I wasn’t sold on the idea of a cream cleanser as previously I have felt that they don’t do a thorough enough job of cleaning my skin but I’ve been proved wrong with the Clarifying Cleanser C2.

 


 

Ditto with their moisturiser which I assumed would be too light or not hydrating enough, but I am a huge convert.

The combination of botanicals and science results in products that are environmentally friendly and provide real, noticeable results, pretty quickly too.

Since using this duo, the frequency and ferocity of my break outs has been hugely reduced and my skin looks and feels healthier.

I’m officially a convert and with the products priced at such an affordable price point, I have nothing negative to say!

You can check out the Clarifying Cleanser C2 and Supergel Oil Free Moisturiser M3 on FaceTheory’s website now along with the rest if their skincare collection.

Use my code IAMFABULICIOUS to get 20% off your order!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig