Tuesday 26 January 2016

Monsoon Rose Gold



I know that you should never judge a book by its cover and likewise you should never judge a fragrance by its packaging or bottle, but when I saw that Monsoon had launched a scent called Rose Gold, I knew I had to try it.

I LOVE all things Rose Gold and was intrigued to try a perfume by the same name.



 
Instantly I fell in love with the chic and sophisticated packaging; a modern looking white box with rose gold details housing the cute tear drop shaped bottle with a rose tinted cap and lid. 

Even the fragrance itself is rose gold in colour. So far, so good!

The scent itself is actually more mature than I imagined it might be. 




It features top notes of sparkling lemon, soft fruit and ozonic which initially offer quite a clean, fresh scent before heart notes of rose, tuberose neroli and cyclamen draw the fragrance into a deeper, more floral and grown-up place.

Base notes of Eastern woods, vanilla, mosses, musk and balsamic amber bring the fragrance together to form a well rounded, soft, musky and powdery scent.




For me, the words that best describe how it smells are feminine, sophisticated and grown up.

I always tend to view Rose Gold as being a younger sort of metal, in that it appeals to a younger market and for that reason this fragrance took me by surprise.




That’s not to say it isn’t nice because it is, so if you’re looking for a musky, sophisticated scent then it’s definitely worth a try and at just £35 for 100ml it’s a decent price too.

You can buy Monsoon Rose Gold online and in store now.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig