Thursday 19 April 2018

Mai Couture Blotting Papers


As the lucky owner of oily/combination skin it’s pretty much a constant battle to stay on top of the shine that gradually spreads it way across my face throughout the day.

Throughout every day, regardless of whether it’s a stinking hot, makeup-melting day or a freezing as hell day.

It’s inevitable that at various points throughout my day I’ll catch a glimpse of my reflection and find myself confronted with a beautiful greasy-sheen nose and chin that looks so shiny you could fry an egg on it.

Grim.




Of course I usually just dab a little translucent powder onto the offending areas and I’m back to my mattified best, however by the time you’ve done this fifteen-billion times a day my make-up starts to  look (and feel) a little cakey.

Not ideal I’m sure you’ll agree.

Of course, I’ve invested in some pretty fab primers and foundations that help to balance and combat said oiliness as much as they can but sometimes that’s just not enough to keep it at bay.




I’m going to be honest here and admit that I totally forgot that such products even existed but I was recently introduced to Mai Couture Blotting Papers and I hand on heart have no idea how I have gone SO long without these in my life!

Mai Couture is a fabulous little brand created by makeup artist Mai Tran. 




Available from Beauty Mart the brand comprises of a range of cosmetic papers that have been formulated to remove excess facial oil for quick and easy on-the-go touch-ups.

Available in three different varieties, Bamboo, Rosehip Oil and Vitamin C & E these blotting powders are the answer to my skin’s greasy prayers.




Packaged exquisitely in super cute, compact booklets these paraben and talc-free sheets are the quickest and easiest way to remove excess oil from your skin without ruining your makeup or adding powder, resulting in a cakey, heavy look. 

Each booklet contains 60 sheets and the Vitamin C + E Blotting Paper features micro encapsulated antioxidant skincare vitamins, so while you’re blotting you’re actually delivering some fabulous vitamins to your skin too!




The Rosehip Oil papers features rosehip extracts which are rich in vitamins C, E and Beta-carotene as well as essential fatty acids which help to keep your skin feeling soft and smooth while the Bamboo Charcoal papers are infused with purifying bamboo charcoal to help draw toxins and pollutants away from the skin.

I know right. And here I was thinking they were just getting rid of my unwanted shine when actually they are giving my skin a little helping hand in the beauty stakes too!




My current favourite is the Bamboo variant, purely because I get a serious amount of satisfaction when applying the paper to my face as I can see it turn a darker shade of grey as the oil is absorbed from my skin. 




Priced at £10 a booklet I’ve fallen hard for these papers which I’d say are 110% a handbag staple for every single woman!

You can get your own Mai Couture Blotting Papers now from Beauty Mart where they cost £10 each.
SHARE:

1 comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig