Thursday 24 August 2017

Lush Sleepy Body Lotion



I’ll do pretty much anything for a good nights sleep.

Without at least 8 hours of solid slumber I’m a nightmare to be around, as I’m sure my husband and kids would attest to!




When I saw all the stuff in the news the other week about Lush Cosmetics Sleepy body lotion which several people said had helped both them and their kids to sleep better, I knew I had to try it.

I’m already pretty familiar with a wide range of brands and products designed to aid with sleep so know from personal experience that some products do actually work, but I always try to be a bit sceptical.




I excitedly placed my order online and waited eagerly for it to arrive.

I had expected Sleepy to smell much like many of the other sleep-inducing products I’d tried before- quite heady, heavy on the lavender and potent.

I was really pleasantly surprised that actually Sleepy is wonderfully soft, delicate and malty in scent rather than powerful and floral.




Made with an oatmeal infusion, lavender flower, cocoa butter and tonka absolute, this lotion smells like you are applying a warm, frothy, sweet hug all over your body.

Now, at £13.95 for 215g I thought it was quite pricey, particularly knowing how much body lotion I tend to apply at one go so I was a bit worried it wouldn’t last long.

Fortunately when my pot arrived and I dove in I quickly realised this lotion is SUPER rich. 




Described as a lotion, I’d actually be more inclined to call it a cream on account of its richness.

A little goes a long way and it does a fab job of leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth and I’m pleased to say that it didn’t irritate or aggravate my sensitive skin.

So, it smells delicious and feels sumptuous but did it help me to sleep better?




Jury’s out on that one for the moment. I will say that it certainly helped me to relax and I really enjoy its delicate and sweet aroma which lasts for ages by the way.

Lush’s Sleepy body lotion is available now and costs £7.95 for 95g or £13.95 for 215g.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. i really need to buy this! I've heard such good things, I've got a 6 week old and this would be super handy haha x

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im such a bad sleeper so i need to try this anything that will knock me out is a keeper

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This led to the practice of soaking fragrant woods and resins in water and oil, and rubbing the liquid all over their bodies. Coffret parfum pas cher homme

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig