Thursday 16 November 2017

Aura by Mugler



Meet Aura, the distinctive new scent from Thierry Mugler.

This fragrance is everything you would expect from the creator of Angel and Alien, from its unique eye catching bottle to its mesmerising scent.




Described as an oriental botanical scent, it is without a doubt one of the most distinctive and original scents I’ve ever tried, leaving it (in my opinion) a very marmite-type scent.

You really will either love it or hate it.

So, much like the fabulous bottles of its predecessors Aura’s bottle is equally impressive and unique.




It is shaped like a heart and is facetted like a glorious emerald gem. It is no coincidence that this shade of green is also the colour of life, luck, hope and intuition as well as the colour of harmony between body, soul and emotions.

While that may all sound a little deep, Aura has been created to capture the essence of botanical freshness and feline sensuality, revealing the aura in every woman.

Comprising of top notes of Rhubarb leaves, mid notes of orange blossom and base notes of bourbon vanilla and wolfwood, Aura features three very distinctive hearts.




Instinctive Heart: This contains the tiger liana plant which is the guiding thread and signature note of the fragrance and features fresh, green, sweet, animalistic and smoky notes.

Botanical Heart: This is a duo of green and floral notes with a blend of rhubarb leaves and orange blossom absolute for an intense freshness.

Animal Heart:  This is the combination of bourbon vanilla absolute and wolfwood, a new silky wood with a sensual texture.




When I first saw Aura I loved it. I adored the design of the emerald heart with what I’d describe as a silver crown adorning the top and I love the way it looks different from every angle.

It feels like a heavy precious gem in your hand and is certainly eye catching!

As for the scent, it is powerful and intoxicating.




I enjoy heady scents but even this was a little too strong for me. It is unlike any other fragrance I’ve ever come across and I’m baffled by how a scent can be so fresh and green yet powerful and heavy!

It’s a complex and original scent which requires a strong, powerful woman to pull it off.

It’s one of those fragrances that I would strongly recommend you try before you buy.




Aura by Mugler is available now from The Perfume Shop and costs £88.50 for 90ml.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig