Thursday 5 October 2017

Goodlife : They know their veg!



I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not (and have never been) a fan of vegetables.

I’ve always viewed them as an evil necessity. Something to be consumed for the sake of your health. Something that is not enjoyable.

I was a bit nervous then when I was asked if I’d like to try GOODLIFE’s range of vegetable based frozen foods.




GOODLIFE have been seeking out the most amazing vegetables from Great Britain’s best farmers and using them to create vegetarian meals for you and your family for over 25 years. 

They work closely with their farmers to sow, grow and harvest the best vegetables at their peak and put them in the spotlight, making them the star of a meal rather than part of the chorus in the background.

Their food contains absolutely no artificial additives, preservatives or colourings, and despite my life long dislike of veg, I have to say that from the start their food looked (and sounded) really appealing.




I tested out four products from their range; Falafel with Chickpea, Cumin & Coriander, French Bean & Spinach Sausages with Wensleydale Cheese, Mushroom & Spinach Kiev with a Creamy Garlic and Cheese Sauce and Vegetable Masala with Cauliflower Rice.

First up is their Falafel (£1.80). 




Despite not being a big veg fan I’ve always enjoyed falafel and I can safely day that these were delicious.                                                                            
                                         
These classic, Middle-Eastern domes of delight are made with chickpeas and a hint of spice and are ridiculously moreish! Soft, tasty and delicately spiced they didn’t last long!


 I wasn’t sure what to expect from these as I’m not a great fan of beans but I was pleasantly surprised!




Crisp French beans, sweet petit pois, fresh spinach and nutmeg create a beautifully textured, sweet and soft sausage. Mild and crumbly wensleydale offer depth to the taste and left me wanting more.

I was really impressed by these and never expected that a sausage made entirely from vegetables could be quite so tasty. These were a big hit with my husband which I didn’t expect as he loves a sausage, but he declared ‘I think I’d chose these over a banger any day’. So there you go!

Next up are my favourite from the collection. The incredible Mushroom & Spinach Kiev with a Creamy Garlic and Cheese Sauce (£2.25).

Hiding within a crunchy, seeded breadcrumb you’ll find earthy mushrooms, tender spinach and  mouthwatering creamy garlic and cheese sauce.





These kiev’s were nothing short of amazing. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and featuring a rich, garlicky, creamy centre they are nothing short of a masterpiece.

Packed full of texture and flavour I would without a shadow of a doubt choose to have one of these over a regular chicken kiev. 

The mix of flavours is gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed eating these!

Last but by no means least is their Vegetable Masala with Cauliflower Rice (£2.25).

Containing 3 of your 5 a day this protein rich dish combines sweet potato and red peppers in a fragrant curry sauce made from coconut milk, tomatoes and indian spices.

This curry sits on a bed of soft, fluffy cauliflower rice and is a delicious, warming treat of a meal.





It is a really mild, delicate masala so if you don’t like things too spicy you’ll love this. Sweet potato offers a soft and sweet experience while the peppers give a lovely, fresh and distinctive taste to the meal.

I’m already a fan of cauliflower rice and I love that in just 1 meal you have ticked off 3 of your 5 a day, all while eating what feels like a naughty treat!

I’m seriously impressed with this brand and their meals and for someone who isn’t a big lover of veg that’s a big deal!

You can try GOODLIFE’s range of foods now from Sainsburys.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am so excited that GoodLife are extending their range - I love their nut burgers. The falafels sounds delicious. I am going to hunt them down
    https://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig