Tuesday 23 February 2016

Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara



 I was super excited when I heard about Elizabeth Arden’s new Grand Entrance Mascara.

Packaged gorgeously in a stunning red and black tube, this new triple effect mascara has been specially designed to deliver 80% increase in lash length and volume and 162% increase in curl.



Bold claims I hear you cry, bold indeed!

The long wearing, water resistant formula is meant to effortlessly coat lashes to separate, extend and intensify their appearance for an all day curl and lift that won’t flake, smudge or dry out.

It boasts a Lash Building Complex, a vitamin fortified peptide complex that locks onto lashes like a magnet for volume and lift and an emollient-rich extract that coats and separates individual lashes, helping to condition, treat, and protect lashes for clump- and flake-free definition.




It also contains Rice Bran Esters which are a vitamin B complex and essential fatty acid-rich extract that helps to condition lashes for an overall healthier and plumper appearance and Carnauba Esters which are a moisturizing extract that helps to support the appearance of longer lashes.

It all sounds very promising but what us it actually like to use?

Firstly, the wand and brush get a big thumbs up from me. This beautifully curved brush features a 3-in-1 triangular brush with three rows of alternating wedge shaped discs and conical bristles which are designed to grab every lash and extend, separate and lift them for a dramatic look without clumping. 




Indeed, the super soft brush did a fabulous job of curling my lashes and creating volume without any clumping or spidery lashes developing but I wasn’t particularly impressed with its lengthening ability.

Admittedly, once I’d applied a second coat the issues I had with lack of length were resolved to a point, but I’d still have hoped for longer feathery lashes. 




I can’t say a bad word about its ability to create fab volume though and literally every single lash got a look in with just the right amount of product being dispensed onto the brush and consequently distributed onto my lashes. 

Elizabeth Arden were absolutely right too in that the mascara stayed on my lashes all day long without flaking or smudging which was fabulous and while this may not be something you consider to be important when purchasing a mascara, its ability to be removed with ease at the end of the day is always a big plus point for me too.




I hate having to battle to get mascara off my eyes but this was easily removed with minimal fuss.

The new Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara is available now in Brown or Black and costs £22.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig