Tuesday 9 June 2015

Benefit Blot On The Spot



Blot On The Spot is the latest addition to Benefit's the POREfessional License To Blot collection of oil busting, shine preventing, mattifying products.

It is an instant oil-blotting stick with tiny invisible blotting spheres which claims to mattify shine for up to 6 hours.




Now before I begin, I'm not usually a fan of these types of products, mainly due to their lack of success at actually banishing the shine.

 I also find that other mattifying products can make your skin feel clogged and heavy, something that someone with oily skin really doesn't need!

 That said, Benefit is a brand that I love and trust so I decided to put my reservations aside and give it a go.





So, the triangular tip is specially designed for easy application to target shiny zones such as the sides of your nose, forehead and chin, areas which always bother me.

Designed to be used under or over make up for touch ups, the stick itself feels like a balm when warmed between your fingers and I have to say, as soon as you glide it over your nose and chin, you can see the shine mattify immediately, like magic.




I used my fingers to spread the product over these areas more evenly and thoroughly and was pleasantly surprised by how it let my skin feeling. Not clogged or heavy, but perhaps similar to as if I'd used a primer.

Shine was gone in an instant and my pores definitely looked more blurred and less obvious which was great.




Applying my make up over the top was fine, it didn't seem to affect it at all and I was left with a fresh, non shiny look.

Now, it does say that you can use this over your make up for touch ups, but I was reluctant to try this. I got the impression that if you glide the stick over your made up face, it may smear some of your make up.

Does it last for 6 hours though? 




I'm going to say no, at least, not for me. Granted I was testing it on one of the warmest days of the years but I got more like 2 1/2 hours of shine free skin. To be fair, for me, that's pretty good! It's normally hourly that I'm needing to touch up so I'm pretty happy with that!

Benefit's POREfessional  Blot on The Spot is available now and costs £15.50.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig